White patches on corner of mouth and stye on eyelid. Which doctor should I consult?

A friend of has white patches on the corners of his mouth, he has diagnosed himself as having caught something from a former girlfriend. He also has a stye like formation on his eyelid, that sometimes fills up, and other times it just looks like a very painful zit. What kind of doctor should I tell him to see?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 32 minutes later
welcome to XXXXXXX

The stye is an eyelid infection and it can either be drained or excised by an ophthalmologist. however the white patches on the corner of his mouth can be angular stomatitis often resulting from worm infestation or gastric problems. For such problem he can visit medical specialist.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Follow-up: White patches on corner of mouth and stye on eyelid. Which doctor should I consult? 1 hour later
General Practice, dermatologist, infectious diesease? Which doctor, are there any steroid creams that will help this, such as anything for seborr. dermatitus?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 9 hours later
Thanks for the reply

General physician is the best initial option for check up

You can use hydrocortisone topical ointment if you suspect it is dermatitis but dermatitis causes symptoms like itch and burning sensation. It is recommended to visit the doctor for detailed check up