White patches appeared on forehead on using a tanning bed. Diagnosed fibromyalgia. What is it ?

Hi there I have fibromyalgia diagnosed a year now. Just before any symptoms of fibromyalgia I went in a tanning bed one time only and these white patches appeareNDennis my forehead and have never gone away .. I have tried lots of creams from dermatologist she has said it is not vertiligo but can't figure out what is it and now I am in the sun the patches are pinkish red
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 13 hours later

An entity named “Post Inflammatory hypopigmentation XXXXXXX can occur as a result of any sort of inflammation, heat or sun exposure or contact with any chemical.

If the occurrence of lesions is associated with a Tanning bed, then it’s most likely to be a post inflammatory hypopigmentation following an Ultra violet - B burn.

These sorts of lesions are not vitiligo and most of such lesions respond to long term application of mild topical steroids. I suggest you to visit your nearest dermatologist if you haven't met yet and take a prescription from him/her.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other information.

Dr.Rohit Batra