Ask a Dentist   »  

White, painful open sore in mouth, awful taste in mouth since eruption of wisdom tooth sideways. Remedy?

I have had a white open sore in my mouth for two months since a top wisdom tooth grew out sideways. It is becoming more painful and I havean awful taste in my mouth.
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 9 minutes later
Hello ,
Thanks for writing to us,
I will be glad to answer your query,

I would like you to know that as your wisdom tooth is erupting in a direction away from rest of the teeth, it tends to apply pressure on the surrounding soft tissues.

Sometimes, cheek gets trapped while chewing causing sores which are very painful.
You have not mentioned about the location of sores,
Do not worry, I will advise you to see a dentist .The dentist will either soften the margins of the tooth a little or give you an ointment to apply over the sores.

Until you see a dentist, kindly perform warm saline rinses3-4 times/ day,
use an antibacterial mouth wash (twice/day),
Kindly see your dentist soon.

I hope this answer was useful,
I wish you good health,