White lump on the roof of mouth, dry and itchy foreskin. What am I suffering from?

Jul 2016

Hi had a white lump on the roof of my mouth which grew overnight.It's not hurting or itching. I also am having penis foreskin itching for the past one the lump and the itching of the foreskin is gone but the foreskin is dry and flaky and hurts if i try to have intercourse. There is no unusual discharge and no other problem with function.I am also unable to pull the foreskin back without suffering substantial discomfort. Dont know if its related but my lips are also dry and flaky and sometimes bleeds at certain points.
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have infection in mouth and foreskin termed as Posthatitis. Will you kindly provide me few more details to help me to come to a conclusion.
1) Are you married.?
2) Are you diabetic ?
3)Do you have unprotected or abnormal sex(Oral Sex) ?
4) Have you been tested for STDs ?
From the limited information that you have stated, you have Posthatitis with Phimosis.
Take some antibiotics like Doxycycline and topical gel for application over lips available over the counter. You will need a prescription for the doxycycline.
Please consult a qualified Urologist for clinical examination and diagnosis. You may need to get circumcised .
Let me know if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you
Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: White lump on the roof of mouth, dry and itchy foreskin. What am I suffering from? 59 minutes later
1.Yes I am married I am not diabetic
3.i do not have unsafe sex and I practise monogamy religiously
4.i have had a full medical test in my office a month back which came out normal.i don't know if they had tested for STD's.

The same symptoms on the penis had appeared about a year ago and went away on its own.i had recently quit smoking too. And I smoked some marijuana at a party a couple days before the symptoms started.would that have anything to do with the symptoms?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for the follow up.

With the given details, it seems to be Posthititis with Phimosis. Take antibiotic which I have mentioned earlier after consulting a Qualified Urologist. He may decide about circumcision after a proper evaluation.

Cracking of the lips may be due to Marijuana. It should subside in a week after application of a topical gel such as vaseline.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: White lump on the roof of mouth, dry and itchy foreskin. What am I suffering from? 47 minutes later
Would really help if you could tell me the dosage for the antibiotic.Thank You.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 29 minutes later

Antibiotics are prescription-based drugs. Therefore, it is not ethical and legal to prescribe the dosage without a clinical examination. A nearby local doctor can prescribe the medications to you.

Thanks and Regards