White lump on roof of child's mouth, firm. Any ideas?

Hi, my 19 month old daughter has a white lump on the roof of her mouth? It is firm and the size of a small pea. I just noticed it tonight.
Any ideas?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 3 hours later

Its unusual site for a lump. I am sure its something like a tissue stuck to a palate. Often this happens following a sore due to hot food or fries or something similar causing some irritation.

Often even some infections do cause such inflammation or sore on palate which looks whitish and swollen in recovery phase. It may though be painful for a day or two but from day 3, pain settles.

If the pain is settled, one just have to wait for natural recovery. if its painful, often doctors advice painkiller gels for application. If there is fever, growth in its shape or size and number or if intake is compromised, it needs to be seen by a doctor. If you can click it with a cam and email to the website, i may be able to have a close look and opine more precisely.
Thanks alot. I hope this answers your query.