White light seen as green. History of occular migraines and borderline diabetes. Advice?

I was driving last night and all of a sudden all of the white headlights turned emerald XXXXXXX All other objects were the correct color only the headlights. When the headlights refelected off the white line in the road, the white line was XXXXXXX I have a history of occular migraines, but they always come with a crescent shaped semi transparent shine. These headlights looked like the color of a XXXXXXX traffic light. It lasted for about 5 minutes. This scared me to death, because it never happened before. My doc said I'm borderline diabetic with an A1C of 6.1.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later

Thanks for sending your query to us.Your symptoms point to two possibilities
1) It maybe an attack of raised intra ocular pressure.
rise in iop does not usually last such a short duration and the colour effects are spread over whole of spectrum. one sees white light surrounded by coloured halos and not only XXXXXXX
2) Being transient there is always a possibility of visualsymptomsof prodromal symptomso of migrain.
I will be advisable foryou to have your intra ocular pressure checked ,even if just to rule out any significant problem.
Please do get back to me in case there is any query