White hair under jaw, spreading to cheeks. Want to get back black hair

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello Doctor, I am 29 years old guy and am getting white hairs initially under the jaws and it is started spreading my cheeks. I am freaky and looks aged . i want to get back my black hairs in beard and to control white hairs.
Posted Sat, 15 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The most important cause for premature graying of hair is genetic or hereditary factors. Hairs turn white due to lack of pigmentation and melanin. Other important causes are malnutrition and a diet deficient in vit B, smoking ,thyroid disease, stress and anxiety, unclean conditions, drying it with an electric dryer and use of low quality hair dyes.

If the cause is genetic then very little can be done for the hair that have already turned gray. But if the cause is dietary then taking healthy nutritious diet and some vitamin B supplements may help.
All these conditions have to be confirmed, hence get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that the exact cause could be ruled out and treated accordingly. If there is no reason for this, you can just shave your beard every day, there is nothing else you could do.
Indulge in relaxation and meditation to avoid any stress and anxiety and avoid smoking if you are doing so.
However these methods may help in preventing further graying of hairs. Hairs that have lost pigmentation cannot become black again with treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.