Ask a Urologist   »  

White dry lump on the penis. What is it?

I have a bump under the head of my penis on the rim of the helmet on the right side. Its a white bump that looks like dry skin but the size of an insect bite. and I'm not talking about the small fine white bumps. Any ideas as to what this is ?
If i can add a pic plese tell how.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 10 hours later

Thank you for your medical query on health care magic - health forum.

From the description provided, it seems that you might be having a Pearly penile papule. These are often mistaken for genital warts but are in fact a physical variation found in many men.

Papules appear around the head of the penis as small, dome-shaped bumps, which may be skin-coloured. They appear in about 10-20% of all men, and are likely more common in uncircumcised men than in circumcised men.

Pearly penile papules are not infectious and require no treatment.

If you can send a picture to YYYY@YYYY it would be helpful to make a definite diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.