White discoloration in buttocks, painful to touch, pain in buttocks when sitting

Excellent

Question
I have a white color discoloration between my butt, its little painful when i touch around there and also i get some pain around my butt when I sit for long time in chair,

What will be my
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 8 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The white discoloration between the buttocks could be a fungal infection on which a bacterial infection has been superimposed. It could also be caused by intertrigo precipitated by friction and rarely by psoriasis.
Please answer the following questions before I can help you further:
a. Do you have any itching in the affected area? Did you have it earlier on?
b. Do you have similar patches somewhere else on the body?
c. Do you have any problem in the nails, elbows or scalp?

Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: White discoloration in buttocks, painful to touch, pain in buttocks when sitting 2 hours later
a. I have itchy problem sometime in day

b. No where else I see it similar thing,

c. Nothing in nails, elbow, but i have some itching in scalp.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 10 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
Given the condition, I think you have a fungal infection, which could be leading to this. I suggest you apply an anti-fungal ointment like Lotrimin twice daily for atleast 1-2 weeks. Also, keep the area clean and dry.
For the scalp, the itching could be due to dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis. You can use a ketoconazole based shampoo like Nizoral 1% twice in a week to take care of this. if this does not become ok in 1-2 weeks, please see a physician.
Hope that helps
regards

Follow-up: White discoloration in buttocks, painful to touch, pain in buttocks when sitting 34 minutes later
Thanks I will do,

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 4 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thank you. If you have no more questions, please close this discussion