Ask a Urologist   »  

White discharge from penis, tingling, red dotting on bell end, no medical history

I have some white discharge from my penis (although this has stopped, was only on 2 occasions) alongside a little bit of tingling and some red dotting on the bellend. Is it something to be worried about? Age 26, 6'1, 13st, no medical history.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 35 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Have you had a recent sexual encounter with a stranger?
2.) Do you have burning sensation while passing urine?
3.) Do you have any rash in the same area?
4.) Is the frequency of urination increased?

Your History suggests, you either have,

1.) Gonococcal Urethritis
2.) Herpes (Rarely)
3.) Non Specific Urethritis.
4.) Cystitis

All these have to be ruled out, hence get yourself examined by a Urologist or visit a STD clinic so that your Doctor may examine you and order few tests like,

1.) Complete Blood Work
2.) Urinalysis
3.) Urine culture

To rule out the exact cause for your symptoms. Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause which includes a course of antibiotics. Kindly do not delay.

Follow these lifestyle changes,

1.) Practice safe sex, if you have had a sexual encounter with a stranger.
2.) Drink plenty of water.
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer you follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health, All the Best.

Take Care.

Best Regards,
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Follow-up: White discharge from penis, tingling, red dotting on bell end, no medical history 36 minutes later
Dr Tauseef,

I have recently had unprotected sex with a stranger. It was about a fortnight ago, but the symptoms were almost immediately after (1 or 2 days maximum).

No burning sensation, no rash although frequency of urination does feel increased.

Hope that helps to narrow it and will visit an STD clinic in the near future.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 17 hours later

You are welcome and Thank you for Writing Back.

There you go, you have a risk factor. I think you are saved this time from a full blown STD.

Nothing to worry, as you do not say about any other symptoms like fever, body pains, itching and burning pain during urine. Just a local problem I still suggest a visit to STD clinic.

Remember each time you cannot be be fortunate. Follow safe sex rules:

1) Do not have sex with unknown
2) Practice using condoms
3) Do not have sex when you consume alcohol
4) Do not have multiple partners at single point of time.

All the Best.

Take Care.

Best Regards,
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.