Ask a Dentist   »  

White circle on the inside of the mouth. Reason?

hi, i have a white circle on the inside of my mouth (left cheek at rear of back teeth) when i say white circle i mean it looks the normal inside mouth colour on the inner part of the circle...hope thats clear...
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 2 hours later
This is a common condition and occurs due to a little overgrowth of the tissue in the inner cheek. This occurs as a result of the irritation by things we eat. Normally it goes away on its own, so don't worry unduly.
Sometimes, sharp teeth may also cause the problem. I would like to enquire whether the teeth adjacent feel sharp? If so, filing them will help. Gargling regularly with alum water may also help.

But at any time you feel this turning greyish or increasing in size, do not ignore it and consult your doctor.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Do get back if you have follow up questions and wish you good health.