Ask a Urologist   »  

White bumps on the penis. Advice?

Hi I have noticed about a dozen or so small white bumps on my penis for the past two weeks. I was wondering what they would be? They almost look pimple like.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 36 minutes later

Thank you for posting in your query

It would help me to help you better if you could answer the following question.

1. Are the bumps itchy and scaly and ulcerated ?
2. Have you had unprotected sexual intercourse in the recent ?
3. Do you have any associated urinary symptoms ?

If you've never had sex, little white bumps on the penis may be pimples or ingrown hairs or Penile papules. These are common and they're nothing to worry about.

If you are having sex or have had sex in the past, bumps on the penis may be signs of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Herpetic genital warts can show up bumps on the penis. These may progress to painful blisters or ulcers.

It is always a good idea to get a physical examination done by your Primary Care Physician who would be then equipped to treat you better

Hope I have answered your query

Dr Gowri
Follow-up: White bumps on the penis. Advice? 1 hour later
Thank you for replying. Here are the answers to your question.

1.) The bumps are not itchy or painful. They are well, just there lol. I looked up natural remedies for this type of nature and have applied tea tree oil on the bumps the past three day but I haven't seen major results.

2.) About two weeks ago I did have sexual intercourse, but I was protected with a latex condom so that is why I was puzzled when I noticed the bumps a couple days after.

3.) To my knowledge, I do not. I urinate normally and all things function properly.

I was doing a little research and I came across a skin related deal called Molluscums which kind of looked similar to mine, so I don't know if that is it or not. I hope my questions help you with the answers. Thank you again.
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 8 hours later

Thank you for answering to my questions.

You seem to have painless multiple papules over the penis not associated to sexual contact.

These could be benign papules/warts, ingrown hair follicle or Molluscum.

The treatment includes use of laser or cryotherapy for benign papules.

Molluscum is usually treated with Tretinoin or salicylic acid therapy.

Physical examination by a Dermatologist is must to confirm the diagnosis among the above possibilities.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr Gowri