White bumps on glans, no itching or discomfort. Worried

Dermatologist
Question
Hi.. I have noticed very small white bumps on my glans (>1mm) in groups in mid of May. They dont itch or cause any discomfort. I'm worried.
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 5 hours later
Dear XXXXXX,
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Small pearly white glistening bumps on glans are most likely to be fordyce spots and are normal for the organ. These might increase or decrease, change areas but are absolutely harmless and also might swell up in active sexual like.
They dont require any treatment.

Dr.Rohit Batra

Follow-up: White bumps on glans, no itching or discomfort. Worried 4 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX

Thanks for the quick revert. Like I've also mentioned I've had oral sex last December and I was worried this might be STI.

Sure its nothing to worry right?

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 51 minutes later
Dear XXXXXX,
Thanks for your follow up query.
Fordyce spots are not related to sexual encounters and are not contagious. they are not a STD.
There is nothing to worry .

Dr.Rohit Batra