White bump and redness around shin, slight pain on touching, no other symptoms. Causes ?

Today woke up with little whitish bump with red around it on my XXXXXXX Slight pain when moderately touched but no other local or general symptoms
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
This lump which has appeared on the XXXXXXX can be due to a sebaceous cyst, a lipoma or a benign tumor like osteoma.

It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition better if you could answer some of these questions:
1) Is the lump soft to touch or hard in consistency?
2) Did you have any fever, viral infection, trauma or any allergy recently?
3) Is the lump mobile?
4) Is there any overlying redness, swelling or erythema?
5) can you see any punctum in the center of the swelling?
6) What is the size of the swelling?
Till then, you can apply warm compresses on the lump. Your answers will help me in suggesting you better.
Awaiting an early response.