White build-up discharge around clitoris. No response to stimulation, having orgasm. Cause to worry?

Question
Hi.

Over the past few weeks, I have been occasionally finding a white build-up/discharge (?) around my clitoris. Also have noticed that my clit is not responding to stimulation as much as I am accustomed to. I can have orgasms, but they are kind of ho-hum, like something is missing.

Totally freaking me out but I don't want to go for a pelvic exam if I don't absolutely have to.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

The buildup of whitish discharge around the clitoris is almost certainly related to yeast. You could try to clear it up with an over the counter yeast cream. If there was a poor response over the next 2-3 days, then it would be time to have an exam done.

In the setting of this infection, it is not suprising that you are having issues with sensation around the clitorus. Only once this is cleared up can you then make any conclusions about the sexual dysfunction you are describing.

Finally, consider that there are treatments for stress incontinence that are extremely effective and that you should discuss with your OB/GYN. It is possible that leakage of urine is occurring and irritating the skin around the vagina and possibly predisposing you to this buildup of discharge (that I am presuming is yeast).

I hope that this helps - please ask if you have any followup questions!