White blood cell count is elevated around 0.97. Should I be concerned?

Hello Doctor:

My white blood cell count is elevated around 0.97. My understanding is that normal is around 0.7. I have seen several doctors without any success for an explanation. This has been going on for about two years. I am looking for a possible explanation regarding this issue. I am looking forward to your response. Is this issue a sign of concern.

Thank You,
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 16 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

If you have a copy of your laboratory results this would be very helpful.

Please try to obtain a copy of these results and send them for my review. Again this will be very helpful in order for us to determine exactly what might be going on.

If you have any additional questions please let me know.

Dr. Robert
Follow-up: White blood cell count is elevated around 0.97. Should I be concerned? 2 hours later
Dr. Galamaga:

Thank you for your time. I will forward to you the lab reports asap.

How can they be forawarded to you? by email attachment? Faxed? another way?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 42 hours later

You can scan them as .jpeg file (less than 5MB) and use upload feature on the right pane of this page.

I look forward. Alternatively you can send to YYYY@YYYY to my attention.