White and red lumps in the anus. Tried Preparation H. No itching. Could it be STD?

I have weird white and red lumps around and in my anus and I do not know what they are. I took a picture and I can send them in. I tried using preperationH on them too but they have been there for about a month.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 1 hour later

I've had a look at the picture --there are various possibilities, but what you can do is use a multipurpose anti-fungal plus antibiotic containing cream after washing the part with alum water. Rest of the time you can use 'caladryl' lotion which will soothe the part and help in drying out of the lesions.

It could be a kind of viral infection with a local reaction and could clear up soon. But if there is no response in a week's time, do see your local doctor for a proper diagnosis. Incidentally you have not told me if there is an itch.

Please get back if you have a follow up query and hope you get well soon.
Follow-up: White and red lumps in the anus. Tried Preparation H. No itching. Could it be STD? 22 minutes later
I do not have any itch. There are a couple more bumps like that a little deeper (maybe half an inch inside). Could this be anything serious (STD related, etc), or perhaps just some hemorrhoids? Should I be concerned, I have noticed that they have been there for about a months time, and honestly it was just by chance that I even noticed them in the first place, or else I wouldnt have even know they were there. Please let me know!
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 25 minutes later

Thanks for following up.

It seems to me to be a viral infection. It is not hemorrhoids.

There is possibility that it is due to STD.

Continue anti fungal and antibiotic cream for 1 week. Observe for a week and if you feel it is spreading/not responding to this treatment, do consult your doctor for an examination to confirm the diagnosis and proper management.

I hope, this helps. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you speedy recovery.