Whit spot on bottom lip. What is it? How to treat it?

I am a 70 year old male and I have a white spot on my bottom lip that won't rub off. What could it be and how do you get rid of it?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
Since this can be caused by a variety of things, I would request you to answer a few questions so that I can narrow down the cause.

- Since when do you have this spot?

- Is the lesion elevated or flat?

- Is it on skin surface or the inner mucosa?

- Do you have fever or any other complaints?

- Do you notice any similar lesions elsewhere?

Photographs of the affected region (close up, distant and lateral) in good light can be helpful in understanding the problem. I would suggest you to upload the pictures using feature available on this page.

Awaiting your reply.

Dr Sudarshan
Follow-up: Whit spot on bottom lip. What is it? How to treat it? 15 hours later
Dr. please send me your e mail so i can e mail you a picture of my lip.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 24 hours later

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Alternatively, you can mail them to me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as Attention to Dr. XXXXXXX