Whit bumps on penis that look like pimples, no pain. What are they?

Hi I have noticed about a dozen or so small white bumps on my penis a few weeks ago. I was wondering what they would be? They almost look pimple like. I have no pain with them either.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 5 hours later

The pictures sent by you show as raised white bumps.

These can be simple folliculitis (which are like pimples and are a bacterial infection) or molluscum contagiosum.

Molluscum contagiosum lesions are also painless and non itchy. They have a central depression and there is a small spec in center.

These are sexually transmitted condition.

I would be in a better position to answer if you could please send in a couple of close up, high resolution photographs of the lesions.

Alternatively, you can see pictures of Molluscum contagiosum on internet to make out if they are molluscum.

Dr. Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Whit bumps on penis that look like pimples, no pain. What are they? 5 hours later
Hello Doctor. Thank you for answering my question. As you will see I attached three close up photos of the lesions. It will be under the file name "close up spec" followed by a number. My question to you also is if it Molluscum(which I also was told from a general physician on this site) what are the treatment options to get rid of them? Also are there any natural remedies or supplements that can help as well? Thank You again.

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 29 minutes later

Thanks for the pictures.

None of the photographs sent by you show any depression in the centre and it is very unlikely that the lesions are molluscum contagiosum.

They seem to be folliculitis to me, which will subside on application of an antibiotic cream. Your primary doctor / dermatologist will help you in prescribing a good cream to you.

In case of molluscum, we need to prick out each lesion with a very fine needle- the procedure is absolutely painless. Alternative one can also do chemical cauterisation in which we apply trichloro acetic acid on every lesion and it burns the lesion.

Hope you are satisfied with my answer this time round. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra