While on flight was trying to sleep and woke up feeling faint, sweating excessively and tingling fingertips. Suggest?

While traveling by airplane over the weekend I was trying to sleep and woke up feeling faint, sweating excessively and my fingertips tingled in both hands. I do not have a fear of flying. I am a 52 year old woman.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to recollect the events...

Detailed Answer:

What I learn from your description is that you had an acute event while in sleep during your air travel. Now what you need to recollect is:
- For how long did you have the symptoms?
- How did it improve - was it a spontaneous recovery or did you need to eat or drink something to make you feel better?

Definitely those symptoms are not normal and neither do I consider them to be related to anxiety and fear.

Symptoms such as the above can be related to low sugar level if you had to eat something to feel better. If it resolved spontaneously, then it might be related to a "syncope". Both these are concerning and needs to be evaluated by your physician.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.