While masturbating had headache and now feeling fuzzy. Cause?

Nephrologist
Question
Hello

Whilst I was masturbating yesterday, I had the worst headache of my life. It was like someone was pounding on it. This must of lasted a good ten hours, and my head still feels fuzzy now.

This also happened a few weeks ago, but did not last as long.

About two years ago, I was sick eating seafood, and eye went completely red (I think is was called a subjunctive hemorrhage).

After what happened yesterday, I am scared to go to the Doctors, and after looking at a lot of things online, I am very confused and a bit upset
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Exertional Headaches

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

I think you have something called as 'exertional headache' also known as Coital cephalgia. It occurs in about 1 in 3 men, the headaches are usually severe and could last upto 24 hours

I recommend the following measures

1. In such cases Tab paracetomol can be used to alleviate the headache
2. Reduce sexual activity for a week
3. If the headache still persists I strongly recommend you to XXXXXXX a neurologist for a MR angiogram
4. Usually for persistent coital cephalgias, a beta blocker like propanolol is used before the sexual activity to prevent headaches

It is unlikely that the subconjuctival haemorrhage you had earlier due to sea food has anything to do with the current problem

I hope I was of help, please get back to me for any further queries.