While cleaning ear with cue tip, cotton was lodged in ear. Is it emergency?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My grown up daughter was cleaning her ear with a cue tip and believes that the end of the cotton may be lodged in her ear. It is 8 at night. Can she wait until the morning to go to a clinic or should she go to emergency tonight?
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: This is not an emergency unless there is perforation of ear drum, hearing difficulties,pain or bleeding. Otherwise,you can wait till morning and probably your GP can remove it with forceps or grasper.If you notice signs that I ve mentioned,you should visit ER. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards