Which time is the best to have intercourse to become pregnant?

Question
to become pregnant how many times we shld have intercourse, and once a day how many time mens sperm release and which is good? means once a day or once in 2 day like that?
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 25 minutes later

Let me clear your basic first.

For pregnancy to happen one male and one female egg is needed.

The ideal time to have relations is during mid cycle. For example if you have 28 days cycle then from day 12 to 15 are considered fertile days.

Try to have relations during these days for maximum chances of pregnancy as female egg is released during these days. This can be at times known by having some symptoms like abdominal discomfort etc.

How many times a day or week does not matter, that is your choice and preference. Just take care to avoid sex for at least 3 days prior to this fertile period so that good quality semen is available

I hope this helps and clarify your concern.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Which time is the best to have intercourse to become pregnant? 25 hours later
i and my husband are trying for baby from 2yrs, he is in gulf he is cuming India once in 6 month nxt he is coming on july 19th he is der til August 8th and this time i had my period on XXXXXXX 23. i have my regular period.. is der any advice?

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 11 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

As you had your last period on 23rd XXXXXXX in a typical 28 day cycle your probable date of ovulation is about 6th July this month.

As he is coming on 19th, this month you will not have chance.

But as per this your next period will on about in 4th week of July. You can take chance in this month. Please count about 14 days from your date of period in July. That will be your fertile period.You should try 2 days before and 2 days after the probable date.

Do not worry,if nothing helps please see a gynecologist for examination.

I hope this helps and clarifies your concern.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Which time is the best to have intercourse to become pregnant? 46 hours later
before 6months i and my husband went to infertility clinic and we checked everything and everything is normal in both of us and we did tht procedure also... doctor collected his sperm and injected it to me to reach it in a right i hope doctor you understand wat i mean, but the result came negetive hw is it doctor? how is it possible the result came negative, doctor said it wil come positive how this happened? bcoz we scanned and did all procedure we followed everthing dem hw come it happened? can u pls answer doctor

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Good to hear from you again.

What has been done is IUI.

The success rate of IUI depends upon several factors. First of all the cause of the infertility problem is important. For example, men with normal sperm counts who are unable to have intercourse have a much higher chance of success than patients who are undergoing IUI for poor sperm counts. In addition, female factors play an important role. Generally, the chance of conceiving in one cycle is about 10-15%; and the cumulative conception rate is about 50% over 4 treatment cycles.

I hope this clarifies your concern.

Dr.Pragnesh