Which tablet to take for fatty liver problem in India?

i am indian and suffering from mild fatty liver changes problem which tablet/syrup available in india
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

Mild fatty liver is a reversible condition and it caused by accumulation of triglyceride. It is caused by excess storage of lipids in the cell. But to reverse the condition of the fatty liver one has to identify why the fatty liver has come into being. The most common causes are
1. Alcohol
2. Diabetes
3. Obesity
4. Dyslipidemia (cholesterol issue)

There are currently no medications to reverse fatty liver but tablets containing l-ornithine l-aspartate are usually given and has little beneficial value. Please XXXXXXX your doctor for a prescription

I advice you to do the following to reverse the fatty liver

1. XXXXXXX a physician to screen for diabetes, hypertension and dyslipidemia
2. Abstain from alcohol
3. Avoid red meat
4. Avoid a high fat diet eg: cheese, butter, refined oil, etc
5. Cardio exercises regualrly, atleast 30 min a day for 5 times a week.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries

I wish you good health