Which surgeon should I consult for torn ligaments?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I need to know which surgeon is best at shoulder surgeries to repair torn ligaments:
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Arthroscipic surgeeon. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You must go to surgeon who can arthroscopically repair your torn ligament of shoulder joint. As shoulder joint is very complex joint it can be examined and repaired satisfactorily only by arthroscope. Arthroscopic surgery can be done with only minimal incision which gives cosmetically better scar. Patient can also be allowed to move his shoulder joint with a week or so with physiotherapy. But for your age i.e 70 years, it is not advised to do surgical procedure on ligaments of shoulder joint as ligaments usually get fragile if age > 60 yrs and get torn during repair. So surgery is not that eventful as compared to young people. For your age group we advise physiotherapy. I hope you have gotten your answer Thanks.