Ask a Urologist   »  

Which specialist should I consult regarding penis problem?

I would like to know whom should i contact regrading penis problems

Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX      
You need focused history on ability to get nocturnal erections, sexual desire and so on.
Also, physical examination is a must not only for the private organs but general physical examination as well to check for evidence of male hormone deficiency.
Male hormone is produced in the testes and that affects the male primary and secondary sexual characteristics. Testes size can be rarely affected by hernia surgery.
After the examination, if need be, hormonal evaluation may be necessary depending on the findings on physical examination.
You need to get in touch with Urologist/endocrinologist.
Hope I answered your query.
Kindly get back for doubts if any,

Follow-up: Which specialist should I consult regarding penis problem? 22 hours later
Thanks for answering the question.

I setup an appointment with a urologist. Should i ask him to do a physical examination of my private organs.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later

Welcome back.
Physical examination is part of the CHECK up.
If due to some reason, physical examination is not done, you can always request him to do so.
take care,