Which sexually transmitted diseases can I get if I had unprotected oral sex?

Question
i received unprotected oral sex with a woman i met on a night out. what are the risks of contracting an sti and which sti's may i have caught. how long should i wait before going to a clinic for a test
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 46 minutes later
Hi there,

Well,if she performed unprotected oral sex on you there are chances of contracting herpes,syphilis,HIV,HPV,gonorrhea,chlamydia etc.

Most of these have different incubation periods and may manifest over time.
If you have any symptoms like lesions,itching,pustules etc in or around the oral cavity in the next few weeks then you need to see a your physician for testing immediately.Even if there are no symptoms,you can be tested after 4-6 weeks of exposure.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them,