Ask a Urologist   »  

Which over the counter topical cream can I apply for phimosis?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
what topical application can I acquire from a pharmacy for phimosis?
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: OTC topical cream (antibiotic+cortisonic)... Detailed Answer: Hi, Phimosis is the narrowing of the opening of the foreskin leading to no retraction. The main ingredients of topical cream for phymosis are corticosteroids. They cannot be used for long time. So, the final solution for phymosis is circumcision. Until you schedule the consultation with urologist, I suggest to: - keep your organ clean - try to open the opening of the foreskin - can apply saline (with a use of syring) to wash and clean the inside parts - apply otc topical cream containing antibiotic + cortisone (I usually prescribe a combination of gentamycin + hydrocortisone) Hope it answered to your inquiry! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! If you are satisfied with my answer, please close this thread and rate my answer. Thank you! Dr.Bardha