Which one of Ritalin or Adderall good for not losing weight?

Question
ritalin or adderall?.... what's better?... which one you don't lose weight?....
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer: either ways, both cause weight loss Detailed Answer: Hello, Ritalin and Adderall both cause weight loss. However, the medical evidence goes more in favor of Adderall here. That means several studies have shown that Adderall causes more weight loss. In a clinical study of 255 adult patients taking it, 10% reported to have weight loss during the course of treatment. There are no such clinical studies on Ritalin. However, Ritalin also causes weight loss. Since you are 22 yrs old now, there is little disturbance of either drugs on your growth and metabolism. Your treating doctor can choose the drug for you. If I were your treating doctor, and you do not wish to lose weight, I would try Ritalin instead of Adderall in you. Hope this clarifies. Regards,

Follow-up: Which one of Ritalin or Adderall good for not losing weight? 51 minutes later
instead I take right now a brain supplement to see if it will work name focus formula(with attention factors) cost about ten dollars... I just wanted to know if it really works tried it just one day but the reason is cause I don't want to take a drug... will it interact with my abilify,trihexyphenidyl,and klonopin?...

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: no evidence to substantiate the same Detailed Answer: Hello, I am sorry; I went through the supplement. I see that it is neither evaluated or approved by the FDA. I would strongly recommend you to not take it. It may not be beneficial to you at all. In fact, it can aggravate the symptoms. I understand that you don't want to take drugs. Please discuss with your treating doctor about tapering the dose of either ritalin or adderall, and stopping it at one stage. Definitely, the focus formula is not going to help you. Please do not try it. Of course, it can interact with your other medicines. Regards,

Follow-up: Which one of Ritalin or Adderall good for not losing weight? 5 minutes later
alright well I'm a person of getting back into college I need something to help battle my focus,attention and memory....

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: take ritalin as suggested Detailed Answer: Hi, As I suggested you earlier, you could take ritalin for sometime. It should definitely help you with focus, attention, and memory. wish you good health.

Follow-up: Which one of Ritalin or Adderall good for not losing weight? 2 minutes later
how about instead I take something I was referred as to called phophatidyl?... it helps brain function...

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: you can take it but not as replacement Detailed Answer: Hi, You can take Phosphatidyl serine for enhancing brain function together with ritalin or adderall (the main drugs for treatment). You CANNOT suppliment Phosphatidyl for the main drugs though. I would advise you to take Ritalin or Adderall along with Phosphatidyl. That would make more sense. Hope it is clear to you.

Follow-up: Which one of Ritalin or Adderall good for not losing weight? 7 minutes later
so I can't take it alone with abilify,trihexyphenidyl, klonopin?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: no Detailed Answer: You can't take it alone with abilify,trihexyphenidyl, klonopin.

Follow-up: Which one of Ritalin or Adderall good for not losing weight? 32 minutes later
Ook well I was told to take a really small dose of ritalin...

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later
Brief Answer: please take it Detailed Answer: Hi, Please take the small dose of ritalin as recommended. Wish you good health. Please close this discussion, if you do not have further queries. Take care!

Follow-up: Which one of Ritalin or Adderall good for not losing weight? 25 minutes later
but it can be addictive...

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: RITALIN is a federally controlled substance (CII). It can be abused or lead to dependence. You need to be under strict monitoring by your doctor whilst you take the medicine. Any new symptoms or worsening symptoms warrants stopping the drug immediately. Only your treating doctor can decide on this. You must rely on him/her.

Follow-up: Which one of Ritalin or Adderall good for not losing weight? 4 minutes later
I'm going to try focus formula attention factors to see if that works.....

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later
Brief Answer: You can go ahead Detailed Answer: Hello, Sure, you can try if that works for you. Good luck and good health to you! Regards :)