Which medicine should I take for my cholesterol level?

My cholesterol level is 236. Which medicine should I take storvas or rosuvs 10 mg. plz suggest sir.
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 14 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You need further analysis (Lipid Profile) -
There are subdivisions of cholesterol – LDL, HDL, non-HDL and so on.
LDL (& non-HDL) is bad cholesterol – lower, the better.
HDL is good cholesterol – higher, the better.

• Keep your weight to normal / even a little less
• Quit smoking, if you are a smoker
• Do regular EXERCISE – say walking or jogging - 20 minutes a day / at least 5 days in a week. Isometric exercise (like bull worker) is bad.
• Healthy FOOD is a must. Avoid saturated fats – coconut oil, palm oil, butter, ghee, full cream milk...Avoid
junk foods in particular – French fries have palm oil / Pizza has cheese / Indian sweets are made in ghee...
Change to Poly-un-saturated oil – like sun flower oil.
Include Mono-un-saturated oil – Olive oil.
Repeat the test in 6 weeks.
• Cholesterol can still be high, in spite of diet and exercise – you need drugs;

Both storvas and rosuvas belong to the same class of statin / For practical purposes, they are same - the difference is minor / only the doses differ /
You can take anyone.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck