Which medicine is best for depression except ssri and snri?

which medicine is best for depression except ssri and snri.please write down the generic name
i amtaking escitalopram and duloxetine together but suicidal thoughts and headache heavyness of head so what i do now i was ok when i start escitalopram 2 years ago but again doctor change my medicine he started duloxetine 60 mg daily .he asked me to quit taking escitalopram .but un happy with all these medicines
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 16 minutes later

The alternative medications for depression other than SSRI / SNRI are TCA like imipramine, Amitryptiline etc; NASSA like Mirtazapine, NRI like Reboxitine, NDRI like reboxetine etc.

No single antidepressant is best for all. One best for depression in person X, may be worst for person Y. This depends on type of depression, symptom profile, associated anxiety, prominent symptom type, associated medical condition, past treatment history, side effect profile, severity of depression, age of the person and other host of factors .

Before starting such Medicines, sometimes your doctor predicts the possible side effect profile, titrates dose scientifically. Sometimes mere starting the drug on one's own may be fatal. Some drugs are absolutely contraindicated in some. So, it is always wise to consult a professonal

Hope this addresses your concern

I will be available for further discussion