Which medicine could I take along with bystolic after experiencing tachycardia due to pritiq?

Question
Hello, i hope you remember me. I am on prisitq 50 mg and bystolic 7.5 mg, i am tapering off pristiq, because it caused me tachycardia even on bystolic. I was thinking in switching to prozac or paroxetine, but i think they interact with bystolic. I am scared about that. Is it safe or should i switch to another SSRI or changing beta blocker? Thanks.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 3 days later
Brief Answer: Atleast 8 weeks trial is recommended... Detailed Answer: Hello I have not interacted with you previously, but I shall try to help you. I suppose you were suggested these medicines for treatment of anxiety disorder. Pristiq is a very good drug effective for a number of conditions like Anxiety Disorder, Depression, etc. The decision to shift to SSRI has to be made after this has been taken in adequate dose (up to 250 mg) for at least 8 weeks. If there is no relief, this may need to be shifted. So I suggest you to consider increasing the dose to 100 mg (after consultation with a local psychiatrist). Tachycardia may be due to anxiety and should be better once anxiety is in control. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA

Follow-up: Which medicine could I take along with bystolic after experiencing tachycardia due to pritiq? 46 minutes later
No, tachycardia is cause of the norpinephrine of Pristiq. I have been switched by my pshychitrist to Zoloft and tachycardia disappeared. The manufqcturer of Pristiq showed in trials that higher dose of 50 mg are useless. Why should one try higher doses?

Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Sexual Health Detailed Answer: Hello There is no doubt that Pristiq raises norepinephrine and serotonin levels in the brain to help alleviate symptoms of anxiety disorders or Depression. Yes, some people may have tachycardia with any of these medicines. if your tachycardia disappeared with Zoloft, you should continue with this medicine in adequate dose. We in the scientific community follow only scientific literature published in either standard text books or international journals of repute. We need higher doses for drugs to be effective because more than 80% of receptors (5HT2 in this case) need to be occupied before clinical improvement can be seen . but best dose for a particular individual has to be tailored according to his need and tolerability. If you are satisfied, you can close the discussion DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA

Follow-up: Which medicine could I take along with bystolic after experiencing tachycardia due to pritiq? 20 minutes later
Is that true that zoloft works on serotonin receptors but also slightly on the dopamine? I am taking also trivastal 50 so i will have boost only for serotonin and dopamine. What do you think? Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 2 hours later
Brief Answer: SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION Detailed Answer: Hi No,Zoloft doesn't work on dopamine receptors. If you are also taking trivastal, it will boost your dopamine as well. DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA