Which is the safest surgery for cataract in eyes?

Hi, This query is for my father who got diagnosed cataract in his eyes and i want to know which type of surgery is safe and in less pain. The normal surgery or the lazor surgery. Please let me know Regards, XXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: pHACOEMULSIFICATION IS THE SURGERY OF CHOICE. Detailed Answer: Hello, WELCOME TO HEALTH CARE MAGIC Iam Dr. DADAPEER K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that your father is having cataract and he requires cataract surgery. Cataract surgery is one of the safest surgery and now it is day care surgery which means surgery can be done as a day procedure without requiring admission. The two popular surgeries are phacoemulsification and small incision cataract surgery. The safest surgery with quick visual rehabilitation and less pain is phacoemulsification surgery. It is done with a small incision measuring 3.2 mm and this surgery is done under anaesthesia in the form of eye drops, hence this is less painful or not painful. Phacoemulsification is sometimes called by common man as laser surgery. The other surgery which is done is manual small incision catararct surgery. This surgery requires 6 mm incision and this surgery is done under anaesthesia in the form of injection, hence it is painful. Hence I advice him to undergo Phacoemulsification surgery for cataract. Hope I have answered your question and the answer is helpful to you. Thank you WITH REGARDS DR. DADAPEER K