Which is the safe pain killer for hydrocele?

i am 55 yrs old and suffering from hydrocele if pain occures which pain killer should i take? i am allergic to analgin and sulfa
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 17 minutes later

A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sack along the spermatic cord within the scrotum.

Hydroceles are usually not XXXXXXX and they are usually only treated when they cause discomfort or embarrassment, or if they are large enough to threaten the testicle's blood supply.

One option is to remove the fluid in the scrotum with a needle (aspiration). But surgery is generally preferred as it removes the chances of recurrence of hydrocele.

You can take Crocin or Ibuprofen which are the safe medications and will not cause any allergy like effects.

You can take Crocin 500 mg OR ibuprofen 400 mg, a single tablet when you have the pain.

In case the hydrocele is very large, and is compressing the testes, then you may benefit by a surgery as described above.

You might consult a surgeon, for a physical examination and then decide on the need for any surgery.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Follow-up: Which is the safe pain killer for hydrocele? 25 hours later
Thanks for prompt reply. at present i am taking hetrazan 100 2 tabs twice a day.doc here has prescribed it for 21 days. is it ok ? pl guide me.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later

From the additional history provided it seems that your hydrocele was probably caused due to filariasis. And you are being treated with Hetrazan (DEC).

The dose and the duration of the treatment with Hetrazan is absolutely correct for filariasis and you can continue to take it.

I hope this clears any doubts.

Please feel free to ask any other questions if needed.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Which is the safe pain killer for hydrocele? 10 hours later
thanks. will u pl tell me the symtoms of hernia because i had backpain yesterday doc gave me Mobizox after taking 1 tab the extreme right side of abdomen near the joint of thigh started paining and stomach was upset, and when i push in those parts belching starts,is it due to gas? pl guide me
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 9 hours later

The symptoms of belching and abdominal pain, could be due to gastritis and indigestion. But it is not possible to know the exact cause without a physical examination.

Symptomatic relief of the bloating can be achieved by taking activated charcoal tablets, available OTC.

A hernia is usually a sac formed by the lining of the abdominal cavity (peritoneum). The sac comes through a hole or weak area in the fascia, the strong layer of the abdominal wall that surrounds the muscle.

Most often there are no symptoms. However, sometimes there may be discomfort or pain. The discomfort may be worse when you stand, strain, or lift heavy objects.

Although a hernia may only cause mild discomfort, it may get bigger and strangulate. This means that the tissue is stuck inside the hole and its blood supply has been cut off. If this occurs, you will need urgent surgery.

Surgery is the only treatment that can permanently fix a hernia. However, smaller hernias with no symptoms can sometimes be watched. Hernias that are getting larger or are painful usually benefit by surgery.

I hope this helps.