Which is the best time for intercourse? Cycle of thirty-one days and taking Folfit and Letroz.

I am on letroz tablet. My husband is abroad and comes down for two - 3 months ..after long trying, now i have been taking folfit and letroz also. Can you let me know the best time for intercourse and also my cycle was of 31 days (first day was on oct 30)
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 40 minutes later

Letroz is a hormonal preparation and is used for induction of ovulation in woman who are either not ovulating due to some underlying pathology/hormonal imbalance and thus it acts as a drug for infertility treatment.

I hope that you are taking this drug under Medical supervision as it has to be taken after proper evaluation.

Usually Letroz is prescribed for 3 cycles and then it is decided whether it has to be continued or not and if the egg is being properly released then it can be stopped.Kindly discuss its use with a Gynaecologist so that she can conduct a pelvic examination and required investigations and then guide you accordingly.

For conceiving if your cycle is regular and varies from 28 to 31 days duration then the best time is 9 to 16 days and the first day of period is counted as day one.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.
Follow-up: Which is the best time for intercourse? Cycle of thirty-one days and taking Folfit and Letroz. 3 hours later
Thanks for your detailed response. Just a clarification needed as I want to utilise and plan maximum way when my husband is here. Yes I am taking under medical supervision and all tests like HSG/ urine/blood tests reported out normal. After these i was asked to take letroz when my husband comes down from the time of D3-D7 of periods. Is there any symptoms of ovulation? And also how fast can i come to know that I have got pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 5 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

The dose and days which you have been prescribed are fine and it is good to know that all the reports are normal.

Ovulation usually occurs in mid cycle and some signs which may or may not be present and vary in every woman. They are increased vaginal discharge which is egg white in consistency, increased in body temperature (that does not mean fever), cramps in the pelvic region and sometimes even mild spotting may be present.

Regarding the pregnancy, it can be confirmed earliest after a missed period only.

Hope, this answers your query.

Wishing you early pregnancy.