Which is the best cough, cold and fever syrup for infant?

ENT Specialist
Hello doctor. Which is the best cough, cold and fever syrup in your sense for my 6 month old son ? I am prefer wikoryl oral drop for cough, cold and fever please mail me that i am wrong or right to give this medicine to my child. sir please send your opinion and the right medicine for my son. thank you.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoid wikoryl Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. I personally advised to avoid systemic cough and cold medicine in infant . Best to go for steam inhalation with or without sinarest/karvol plus/ solvin cold vapo cap. For fever better medicine is paracetamol. If cough and cold is not subside this conservative management then consult the paediatrician for better drug. I personally avoid any cough syrup in infant including wikoryl until cough and cold is severe. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.