Which is the best cough, cold and fever syrup for infant?
User rating for this question
Hello doctor. Which is the best cough, cold and fever syrup in your sense for my 6 month old son ? I am prefer wikoryl oral drop for cough, cold and fever please mail me that i am wrong or right to give this medicine to my child. sir please send your opinion and the right medicine for my son. thank you.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoid wikoryl Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. I personally advised to avoid systemic cough and cold medicine in infant . Best to go for steam inhalation with or without sinarest/karvol plus/ solvin cold vapo cap. For fever better medicine is paracetamol. If cough and cold is not subside this conservative management then consult the paediatrician for better drug. I personally avoid any cough syrup in infant including wikoryl until cough and cold is severe. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
People also viewed
- New born baby eregual heart beat
- Scrotum skin dark purple spots
- Baby rash from beard
- Probiotic turn stool dark
- Bean shaped things in my babies stool
- Repetitive cough cold fever
- Bcg site lump for months in baby
- Recurring cold cough and fever
- Baby bcg swollen fever
- Infant with viral fever cold and cough constipated advice
- Why is my period so dark
- Dark purple spots on toes
- Ibugesic cold cough fever
- Fever cold hands cough
- Dark stained underwear pregnancy