Which herbal shampoo would be good for oily hair?

Which herbal Shampoo would be good for a oily hair?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 17 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.

This is a very common question and the answer is simple- All shampoos are the same.

There has been a lot of high pressure advertising about herbal shampoos not having "harmful chemicals".

Please be informed that all shampoos are made of same chemicals- ammonium lauryl and sodium laureth sulfates.

Companies claiming to have "reetha" or "amla" or whatever in there shampoos is just a marketing gimmick; having a very small amount of such substances which hardly makes a difference.

Broadly, there are two type of shampoos- with and without conditioners.

For oily hair and scalp, a shampoo without conditioner should be used.
Additional conditioner or hair serums may be used if this leads to fizzy hair.

SO to summarize, all shampoos are the same- cheap or expensive, herbal or non-herbal.

There are just minor differences in the conditioner content which leads to shampoos being mild or strong.

I would suggest you to use a good and reputed brand shampoo simple because of better quality controls.

I know that this may not be the answer you wanted, but this is a fact and I have tried to give you a broad picture.

If you have any further questions, do let me know.