Which exercise should I do to lose belly fat?

how do I lose a huge belly. please do no send me firming exercises. my belly is already firm. hard like a watermelon.I am 20 pounds overweight . my weight is centered around my belly and hips
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
This type of fat distribution is called truncal obesity and is associated with bad cardio and neurological outcomes.
Abdomen can be bloated and distended with fat but it should not be tight like watermelon, if really so you must get checked physically by a local clinician.
You should do jogging/brisk walking for half an hour daily, you should eat balanced diets and cut down about half a chapatis from daily diets, avoid fast foods and fatty meals, if possible avoid nonvege also.
Do aerobics exercises and avoid heavy exercises like gym work outs.
I hope the advise would be helpful.
Follow-up: Which exercise should I do to lose belly fat? 1 hour later
what is a chapatis?
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 53 minutes later
Welcome back to healthcare magic!
The edible bread that we make with wheat dough is called chapati in traditional Hindi/english.
What I meant to say is that whatever your main course meal be, you should slightly under eat, just for example eat only that much with what you can go out on a stroll without a discomfort if needed.
That is not an advise to go on a stroll but just to give you an idea of slight under eating.
Vigorous dieting and exercise are not recommended.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Which exercise should I do to lose belly fat? 3 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX Choudhary ,
when I said that my belly is tight like a watermelon, that was a thoughtless remark. If you pushed on a watermelon it would not move. Although my belly is firm to the touch it will move. it is not distended . like bread making dough it can be pushed in.
I had been skinny all of my life, if anything underweight. Then in 1975, I had a hysterectomy. when I returned to work I was on a job where I sat 8 hours, no exercise there. I developed this round belly and I have had it ever since. now I am 76 years old and look like I am pregnant. I don't like that at all.
I appreciate your advice , finding it to be sound. which I intend to follow. eat less and exercise but no too vigoursly.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
I can understand your embarrassment of a pregnant look at this age.
Hysterecomy mostly is done with ovaries removal and that causes hormonal imbalance and resultant weight gain and osteoporosis.
I hope my advise in previous answer should be suiting to your current problem.