Which doctor should I consult for hypothyroidism?

General Surgeon
Hello Doctor, My mother was diagnosed with thyroid for last one year ago. She has been on medication since then . She is still complaining off dizziness and acute weakness and her weight is increasing , she has lot off pain in her legs too. Can you please suggest a good reliable doctor in Gwalior (M.P.) Also will you advise some tests or medicines .
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 46 minutes later
Thanks for query,

She is suffering from hypothyroidism ,a condition in which thyroid gland functions are disturbed and thyroids works less than required .In this condition patient gains weight ,legs also become very heavy.Signs & symptoms like dizziness ,weakness do occur.As legs are heavy ,they also start paining.Infertility also occur in women .

Disease is more common in women.She needs complete thyroid profile including TSH,T3 and T4 .As she is already on treatment for hypothyroidism ,dose adjustment may help. Help of endocrinologist in managing her problem will yield better result.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction. Wish you speedy complete recovery at the earliest.