Which among stitching and simple bandage is best treated for cut?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
For this kind of cut do i go for stricthing or simple bandage
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: GO TO ER. DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. I have reviewed your attached image and injury over the forearm. Here, you need proper antiseptic dressing, small stitch, Tetanus Toxoid and bandage with Povidone-Iodine ointment. Painkiller with antacid is also required in addition. Kindly, consult with your local healthcare provider or go to ER at the earliest for proper treatment. Hope, it helps for your information. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Which among stitching and simple bandage is best treated for cut? 9 minutes later
This happens 2 days back.... Doctor I went to suggest stri tape for dressing but today he insisted on having stitches. So I am confused and wanted to have a second opinion

Answered by Dr. S Patra 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: STITCH IS REQUIRED. FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. You need small stitch after antiseptic dressing as the wound is already 2 days old. Then, one bandage is required after applying Povidone-Iodine ointment. It helps to heal the wound properly and protect from secondary infection. You can remove the bandage after 5 to 7 days and do dressing at home regularly with above ointment till new skin is appeared on that area. Kindly, consult with local doctor (ER) or healthcare provider and take proper treatment to avoid infection. Hope, I have guided you properly. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. All the best. Good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Which among stitching and simple bandage is best treated for cut? 13 minutes later
Thanks doctor

Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: WELCOME. Detailed Answer: You are welcome in this platform. Regards, Dr Soumen