Which among Siphen and FSH injection is better when trying to conceive with bilateral PCOD?

Infertility Specialist
I have bilateral PCOD and am trying to get pregnant. The doctor gave me FSH injections but family doctor suggests I continue with Siphen 50mg twice daily, which would help follicle growth. Please suggest which is the better way, Siphen or FSH injections.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Injections Detailed Answer: Hi, welcome to healthcare magic. Siphene contains clomiphene citrate content. It helps to grow follicles But Injections of FSH are more powerful and you get more than one egg. Injections seem to be better choice considering your age. Please undergo regular follicular growth scan to check follicular growth and hyperstimulation. Let me know if anymore doubts Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Which among Siphen and FSH injection is better when trying to conceive with bilateral PCOD? 16 minutes later
Thanks for the reply. I had a miscarriage, light spotting in 7 weeks but the heartbeat was stable for the baby and suddenly in 9 weeks there was no heart beat. I have had a DNC, how many months do I have to wait before taking the FSH injections? The FSH injections have side-effects of miscarriage, I read somewhere, is it still safe for me to continue?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: 3 months Detailed Answer: Hi, It takes 3 months to start again after an abortion. If 3 months are over you can take treatment this cycle. Regards