Which SSRI has the least side effects in terms of nausea and stomach upset?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lexapro Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic! As far as gastrointestinal side effects are concerned, The highest risk is with sertraline (Zoloft) and fluvoxamine. The least likelihood is with escitalopram (Lexapro). You can reduce the risk even further by starting Lexapro at a very low dose, say at just 2.5 mg instead of the usual dose of 10 mg per day. Then after a couple of days, if you are comfortable, it can be hiked to 5 mg per day. Similarly take a few more days to reach the starting dose of 10 mg per day. This will reduce the gastrointestinal side effects and if you have any, they will wear off in a few days. I hope this solves your problem. Please feel free to ask in case you need any clarifications. Best wishes. Dr Preeti Parakh MD Psychiatry
People also viewed
- Is stomach upset a side effect of oxcarbazepine?
- What causes amoeba in babies
- Drugs/medication for tsh disorder
- Drugs/medication for paralyses
- Drugs/medication for bronchial spasm
- Is stomach upset a side effect of viagra?
- Drugs/medication for pulmonary infarct
- Amoeba infection in baby
- Is stomach upset a side effect of advil?
- Is stomach upset a side effect of naproxen?
- Thc in amniotic fluid
- Is stomach upset a side effect of tocilizumab?
- Leaking amniotic fluid thirsty
- Amoclan bid stomach infection
- Drugs/medication for chronic atrophic gastritis