Which SSRI has the least side effects in terms of nausea and stomach upset?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lexapro Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic! As far as gastrointestinal side effects are concerned, The highest risk is with sertraline (Zoloft) and fluvoxamine. The least likelihood is with escitalopram (Lexapro). You can reduce the risk even further by starting Lexapro at a very low dose, say at just 2.5 mg instead of the usual dose of 10 mg per day. Then after a couple of days, if you are comfortable, it can be hiked to 5 mg per day. Similarly take a few more days to reach the starting dose of 10 mg per day. This will reduce the gastrointestinal side effects and if you have any, they will wear off in a few days. I hope this solves your problem. Please feel free to ask in case you need any clarifications. Best wishes. Dr Preeti Parakh MD Psychiatry
People also viewed
- Is stomach upset a side effect of oxcarbazepine?
- Blood pressure 161 over 97
- Feeling uneasy and drowsy got normal uti report any cure
- Blood pressure 161 88
- Is 16098 high blood pressure
- Is stomach upset a side effect of viagra?
- Concerned about inequality in socio economic status and nature
- 161 84 blood pressure
- Is 161 over 86 high blood
- Is stomach upset a side effect of advil?
- Treatment for mood syndrome psychosis and risk assessment for suicide
- Is stomach upset a side effect of naproxen?
- Is stomach upset a side effect of tocilizumab?
- Taking rexipra for panic disorder need a better treatment
- Is sexual aversion disorder a type of phobia