Whether a gluten count of 2.5H is out of range and requires attention ?

blood test showed high for gluten 2.5H.....I also have an abundance of yeast in my stomach and colon,,,, extreme anal itching especially at nite,, ,,,,age 63,,5ft medical problems except allergies,,,,is this gluten count to worry about and how to get rid of yeast in colon report says (out of range 2.5H reference range<2.0mcg/ml (allergen gluten IGG) hope you can enlighten me,,thank you
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

High levels of gluten in the body makes you vulnerable to gluten sensitivity.

Do you have any problems related to your bowel right now?
If not then you might start developing these like abdominal cramps and diarrhea if your gluten levels remain high.

Gluten is present in wheat, barley and oats. You need to change your diet to gluten free oats in case you develop the allergy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: Whether a gluten count of 2.5H is out of range and requires attention ? 11 hours later
does intolerance to gluten ever go away or this a life long change.....yes I have bowel issues,,,,,cramp, flatulence, and sometimes constipated,I do laxatives for relief of my issues ....also the itching, is this also caused from the gluten or do you believe it is the yeast in colon,,,,,,,,I went to for allergy testing and that is how I found out was on diflucan for 2yrs and now all this starts........thank you
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Good to hear from you again.

Intolerance to gluten once developed remains for life long and you have to avoid all the food stuffs containing gluten to avoid the stomach issues. Some of your bowel issues may or may not be because of this.

Itching is most likely the result of a yeast infection which can be relieved by using topical cream and Oral Anti fungal medications.

Hope this answers your query.