Where to go for a CAG in hyderabad and doctors name?

Question
Where to go for a CAG in hyderabad and Doctors Name.
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later
Hi.
I Attach name of three cardiologists, I personally know.
Contact any of them for CAG.
1.     DR. B K Shastri. Address: CARE HOSPITAL, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, 0000.
2.     DR. Gauthami. Address: 204 CLASSIC Enclave, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, 0000.
3.     DR. K V N XXXXXXX Address: F 102 XXXXXXX Apartments, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, 0000.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Where to go for a CAG in hyderabad and doctors name? 23 hours later
Sir

Address of Dr. XXXXXXX and Dr. Kamlakar is not complete, at least provide are or the cell nos so that I can approach to them.

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Dr. Gautamhi, Innova Children's Heart Hospital, White House, Tarnaka - Moulaali Road, Hyderabad. Tel. +91-40-0000

Dr. K V N XXXXXXX Address: 18, XXXXXXX Block, XXXXXXX Enclave, Ameerpet, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
I am unable to gather Dr XXXXXXX phone number.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Where to go for a CAG in hyderabad and doctors name? 14 days later
Sir
A CT Coronary Angeo was started on me and was stopped in middle saying that a lesion is being observed. They gave me a report of Clacium Score which is enclosed.

Kindly let me know what are the chances of blockege in arteries looking at the score report. I am also enclosing history reports.

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 19 hours later
Hi and thanks again for following up.

I was able to view the reports sent.

You have undergone Computer tomography guided Coronary angiogram and coronary calcium scoring has been done.

As you would know the calcium scoring ranges from 0 to 400 and this scoring is done to determine the evidence of coronary artery disease; accordingly a score of 275 puts you at moderate risk of developing heart attack (complete block with myocardial damage) in future. If left unattended, there is every possibility of developing heart attack in the next 3 - 5 years.

I understand you wanted to know the chances of developing blocks based on the calcium scoring. I hope I have provided you with the necessary information. Therefore I earnestly advice you to strictly follow the advice of your cardiologist in order to have a healthy heart.

If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Good Luck!!!

Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Where to go for a CAG in hyderabad and doctors name? 4 hours later
Sir

Referring to my calcium score I would like to ask you whether it can be treated with the medicines or I need to go for some other procedure like Angeo Plastry etc.

Is there any risk of getting heart attack in very short time i.e. 1-2 months. However as advised by you I will try to follow up the matter very soon.

Can you pls suggest some doctor at CMC Vellore for the same.

Thanks in anticipation

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 10 hours later
In this type of very high calcium score usually medicines are not giving very good result. So best is to go for any cardiac intervention like angioplasty.
Yes you have risk of heart attack in very short time. So go for cardiac intervention as soon as possible and in the meantime take prophylactic medicines advised by your cardiologist to prevent heart attack before you will go for any intervention procedure.
I am sorry that I don’t know any cardiologist of CMC Vellore. If you are in a city like Hyderabad which has the best of technology and doctors you should not far for treatment. THe follow up would be difficult. This is in the best interest of you. However if you wish to go for CMC you can search their website for that.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly