Where is oxycodone absorbed in the digestive tract?

Where I s oxycodone absorbed in the digestive tract? I have had all but the last 12cm of sm bowel excised and have noticed significant difference ib the action of the drug after the surgery.
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Oxycodone absorption

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir

I thoroughly reviewed your case..

Oxycodone is absorbed in the proximal part of small intestine and the drug bioavailability is around 60 to 70%. That means with only the last distal part of intestine remaining, oxycodone may not be fully absorbed as it used to earlier.

I aslo wouldn't advice you to take that tablet as it may cause constipation. Consult your doctor regarding another drug.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.