Where can I get emergency contraceptive pills?

where do i buy emergency contraceptive pills in chennai
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 42 minutes later
Hi,thanks for posting your query.

I hope you are asking about the pills to be taken in case unprotected act to prevent pregnancy.

You need to take these tablets with in 72 hours of act. First pill needs to be taken as soon as possible and 2nd.tablet after 12 hours of first tablet.

Please note that tablets are not effective beyond this time and in case if you are already pregnant please do not take them.

The best option is to visit your gynecologist and get it prescribed.

In some place this tablets are available without prescription also. Still it is better that you visit a doctor to avoid side effects.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Follow-up: Where can I get emergency contraceptive pills? 1 hour later
i want the pills name and place where i can buy them in chennai... Without prescription ofcourse
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

I can understand your concern, but this tablets at times can lead to some serious side effects which needs medical attention. They need to be taken with caution.

You may have reasons for not visiting the doctor but in your good faith and health it is advisable that you visit a doctor and take only after his advise.

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination.

Dr. Pragnesh