When will effect of Cefepime wear off and how to get sleep?
User rating for this question
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: more than 10 hours. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. Cefepime is a fourth generation cephalosporin with half life of 2 hours in patients with good renal activity. That means it takes 8-10 hours for excretion. It is excreted mainly through kidneys. In renal failure patients the drug action will be prolonged and its excretion depends one the renal activity or dialysis but will be more than 10 hours. More over the drug will be in higher concentration in CSF and hence the time taken for action and elimination from CSF will be more than 10hours. I hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask if any further queries and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you and your family a very happy life and good health. Regards
People also viewed
- Drugs/medication for acromegaly
- Drugs/medication for bph
- Can u find hgh factor and xanogen in cvs pharmacies
- Is inflammation or swelling a side effect of cefepime?
- How to reconstitute cefepime
- Has anyone had problems with the oxy pro and there mentral cycle
- Drugs/medication for urticarial vasculitis
- Drugs/medication for acute promyelocytic leukemia
- How to administer cefepime
- Cubital tunnel oxyelite pro
- Drugs/medication for wonderland syndrome
- Take 3 cups of nyquil each night
- Side effect of Cefepime
- Panadol taken with crystal meth?
- Is itching, hives a side effect of cefepime?