When will body balance resume after taking Vimpat for partial seizures?

My husband just started vimpat 2 wks ago for partial seizures he has been off balance but today it has gotten worse, how long dos it take for your body to ajust to the meds? he still has to reach 200 mgs x2 daily right now he is at 100 mgs x2 daily do we need to ride it out a few more weeks or do we need to contact our dr
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: 2 weeks is a sufficient time Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Vimpat is actually lacosamide and dizziness and ataxia are a common adverse effect of lacosmide. Two weeks have been a good enough period of trial and the body should have been adapted by now. If still the body has not adapted then it is likely the adverse effect may persist. You should meet your doctor and discuss about switching the drug. Carbamazepine and levera are two other drugs which can be effective. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.