When to give chickenpox and hepatitis A vaccinations to my baby?

Hi Doctor, This query regarding my baby's vaccination. her age us 2.6 years. Last we have given typhoid vaccination. But we have not given Chickenpox & Hepatitis A vaccinations. could u tell me when We can give these 2 vaccinations? Is these are mandatory to give? Can we give both together? And also tell me the price of these 2 vaccines. regards XXXX
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes they should be given Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Vaccinations always given protection to young child against disease. As we know prevention is better than cure so yes I recommend these vaccinations to be given. They can be given now also. Regarding giving them togther they can be given on single visit or at a gap of 2 to 4weeks though it is not mandatory since hep a is not live vaccine. Price varries with brand. Chickenpix will cost you upto 1500 and hepatitisA will be about 1200. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless...
Follow-up: When to give chickenpox and hepatitis A vaccinations to my baby? 3 hours later
could you tell me which brand is good so i can choose that one
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. All brands available are equally effective. I suggest you to consult your pediatrician for this as sometimes some brands are short in market. You can go for. -biovac A or Avaxim for hep A. -varivax for chickenpox. Hope this helps.If you have any further query I would be glad to help. Take care...