When to give chickenpox and hepatitis A vaccinations to my baby?
User rating for this question
Hi Doctor, This query regarding my baby's vaccination. her age us 2.6 years. Last we have given typhoid vaccination. But we have not given Chickenpox & Hepatitis A vaccinations. could u tell me when We can give these 2 vaccinations? Is these are mandatory to give? Can we give both together? And also tell me the price of these 2 vaccines. regards XXXX
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes they should be given Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Vaccinations always given protection to young child against disease. As we know prevention is better than cure so yes I recommend these vaccinations to be given. They can be given now also. Regarding giving them togther they can be given on single visit or at a gap of 2 to 4weeks though it is not mandatory since hep a is not live vaccine. Price varries with brand. Chickenpix will cost you upto 1500 and hepatitisA will be about 1200. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless...
Follow-up: When to give chickenpox and hepatitis A vaccinations to my baby? 3 hours later
could you tell me which brand is good so i can choose that one
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. All brands available are equally effective. I suggest you to consult your pediatrician for this as sometimes some brands are short in market. You can go for. -biovac A or Avaxim for hep A. -varivax for chickenpox. Hope this helps.If you have any further query I would be glad to help. Take care...
People also viewed
- Is heartburn or indigestion a side effect of enbrel?
- Is clay-colored stools a side effect of fluconazole?
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of doxy 100?
- Symptoms of hepatitis -a
- Is lower back or side pain a side effect of dificid?
- I am suffering from runny nose, can i take alka seltzer plus cold formula?
- Transitional tachypnea of newborn
- Roseola more than once
- What are the symptoms of hepatitis a?
- I am suffering from community acquired pneumonia, can i take penicillin vk?
- Are fatigue symptoms of hepatitis a?
- Treatment and cure for hepatitis -a
- Is muscle pain or stiffness a side effect of cozaar?
- Is pepto bismol maximum strength used in the treatment of watery stools ?
- Are loss of appetite symptoms of hepatitis a?