When should pregnancy test be done?

My this month periods are due 4 days. I want to know when can i take pregancy test
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy test can be done right now Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to HCM. You can check urine for pregnancy test today also. It gives a better report when you take morning sample of urine as it contains higher concentration of hcg hormone which is detected in the urine. Thanks. Anything else, you are welcome.
Follow-up: When should pregnancy test be done? 15 minutes later
Actually I have taken urine test today but it came out negative. Should I wait for some days or Should I visit doctor and ask for blood test because I heard that blood tests are more acurate
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Wait for few days and get TVS done Detailed Answer: HI Thanks for writing back. I will advise you to wait for few days and confirm pregnancy by getting TVS (internal scan) done.This can be done at 7 days overdue. If you are strongly suspecting pregnancy and since you got negative urine test today, it depends on the hcg levels in blood. HCG appears as early as 10 days after conception.So it depends whether your cycles are very regular and at what time conception occured. It is true that blood test can detect pregnancy even before your days are over and Qualitative hcg test will be positive when hcg is more than 5 mIU/ml but again best will be a TVS scan. I hope I have answered your query, if still any doubt, you are welcome.Thanks.
Follow-up: When should pregnancy test be done? 2 hours later
Ok i wil wait til next tuesday wednesday and then will.consult for scan. My periods are very regular it may delay by 1-2 days not more than that.
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ok fine.Start folic acid tablet Detailed Answer: Dear Aakanshka, It is fine that you will wait and get a scan done .Although you have regular periods, there can be late conception. However, start taking folic acid tablets till then and continue if you conceive.Wish you good luck and God bless. Thanks for this conversation. If I have answered your queries nicely we can wind up. I am there to help you in future also.
Follow-up: When should pregnancy test be done? 12 hours later
thanks for you reply.
Answered by Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Thank you Aakanshka and you are welcome. Regards.